Badaboom is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team. Product Designers at Badaboom design the digital experiences that power Badaboom's business:
- Badaboom Platform for brands and buyers to source products and track orders
- Badaboom Admin for the Badaboom team to drive key business workflows to curate our portfolio of products, manage order and customer data, and communicate between various business stakeholders throughout the order and production lifecycle.
At Badaboom, you will work with peers on our growing Design team as well as engineers, product managers, industry specialists, and business stakeholders to achieve our collective goals at Badaboom.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience team members to drive product strategy and to design simple, effective experiences for our customers and our team.
- Own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from problem definition to ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production.
- Maintain and improve our front-end components library/design system in collaboration with front-end developers using tools like Storybook and UI frameworks like Ant Design.
- Collaborate with other designers; contribute to and participate in our design critique process, to receive and provide feedback on design work.
- Make contributions to our Design practices, identifying and evangelizing changes to improve the quality and efficiency of our team.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in digital product design, ideally with experience working on high-impact web and mobile applications for DTC brands, e-commerce, and/or B2B SaaS.
- You have experience working in iterative, collaborative, and fast-paced environments; you have familiarity with Agile, Design Thinking, and other methodologies to support effective product design and development.
- You have experience working with a broader Design team to identify opportunities to improve the utility, usability, and desirability of business-critical experiences.
- You are customer-obsessed — comfortable participating in user research activities interviews, synthesizing findings, and developing feedback loops into the product.
- You have a growth mindset when it comes to increasing your own efficiency in planning, decision making, and pragmatic management of design debt.
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator; you’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You have expertise/fluency with Figma — hands-on experience with design systems, components, variants, plugins, etc.
- You are comfortable working within complex systems and technologies.
- You have experience working with all remote or remote-first teams that prioritize asynchronous communication.
Working at Badaboom
We value integrity, transparency, empathy, inclusion, and efficiency. We are a remote-first, multi-cultural team with hubs in Los Angeles, Tel Aviv, and Shenzhen. We believe that work and life are a balance and that our team produces the best work when they are living their best life, no matter where they are in the world.
Here are some of our guiding principles:
- Celebrate the second order: Fulfilling the first order is just the first part of a long journey with our customers. Their success and growth are ours as well.
- Improve your craft: Our penchant for continuous improvement extends to our team, and we make a point to invest in our team's professional learning goals.
- Excellence is table stakes: Every day, we deliver the best experience to our customers; we strive to perfect every touchpoint and detail.
- Be kind and direct with feedback: Sharing constructive criticism in a productive manner is an everyday practice for us.
- The same rules for the entire team: Policies and perks are the same for everyone on the team, from new hires to the CEO. Everyone receives the same perks, same hotels for travel, and the same opportunities to improve ourselves.
Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of premium covered for you and your family (for W2 employees)
- Latest and greatest hardware and accessories for your workstation including computers, monitors, standing desks, etc.
- Learning and Development stipend for attending conferences, taking online courses, buying books, and more.
- Flexible PTO and holiday policy that reflects where you live and the holidays you celebrate.
- After submitting an application, selected candidates will be invited to complete a short written questionnaire/assessment.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with a member of the Badaboom team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to do a small take-home design project.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a round of final interviews that will include the hiring manager, other product team members, and the CEO.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer.