Badaboom is looking for an experienced Full-stack Engineer to join our team. Full-stack Engineers at Badaboom work on the products that power Badaboom's business:
- Badaboom Platform for brands and buyers to source products and track orders
- Badaboom Admin for the Badaboom team uses to coordinate business workflows involving buyers, suppliers, and our internal team
- Badaboom API that powers our app middleware and other products.
They work with peers on our growing Engineering team as well as product managers, designers, and business stakeholders to achieve our collective goals at Badaboom.
- Work with other engineers to build and own products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Redux-Saga, NodeJS/Express, and MongoDB with infrastructure on Netlify, Heroku, and AWS.
- Confidently ship small and medium size features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members; collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Triage, prioritize, and resolve issues reported by application monitoring tools, internal team, and customers.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and engineering general practices. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality, security, and performance of our code, tooling, and team process; contribute to making it better.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Learn, collaborate, and teach other Engineers on the team—everyone can contribute to the team regardless of your industry experience.
- Professional experience with Express/NodeJS or another modern web framework (e.g. Loopback.js, Sails.js, Ruby on Rails, Python/Flask)
- Professional experience with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, execution, QA, and release.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Excellent proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and transparency
Bonus points for:
- Professional experience as a software engineer at a start-up product company
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- Experience writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha)
- B2B eCommerce or Supply Chain and Logistics industry experience
Working at Badaboom
We value integrity, transparency, empathy, inclusion and efficiency. We are a remote-first, multi-cultural team with hubs in Los Angeles, Tel Aviv and Shenzhen. We believe that work and life is a balance, and that our team produces the best work when they are living their best life, no matter where they are in the world.
Here are some of our guiding principles:
- Improve your craft: Our penchant for continuous improvement extends to our team, and we make a point to invest in our team's professional learning goals.
- Excellence is table stakes: Every day, we deliver the best experience to our customers; we strive to perfect every touchpoint and detail.
- Be kind and direct with feedback: Sharing constructive criticism in a productive manner is an everyday practice for us.
- The same rules for the entire team: Policies and perks are the same for everyone on the team, from new hires to the CEO. Everyone receives the same perks, same hotels for travel, and the same opportunities to improve ourselves.
Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of premium covered for you and your family (for W2 employees)
- Latest and greatest hardware and accessories for your work station including computers, monitors, standing desks, etc.
- Learning and Development stipend for attending conferences, taking online courses, buying books and more.
- Flexible PTO and holiday policy that reflects where you live and the holidays you celebrate.
- International applicants are welcome! We believe great talent exists throughout the world, and as long as a decent amount of your working hours overlaps with North American time zones, we gladly accept your applications. You will be paid as a contractor, but will be considered in all aspects as a full team member.
- After submitting an application, selected candidates will be invited to complete a short written assessment.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with a member of the Badaboom team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 90-minute technical interview with either a Full-Stack Engineer or the Hiring Manager.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with the CEO.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer.